Reasoning Quiz 21 - Competitive Exams - IBPS/SSC/Banking Exams

Directions (1-5): Each of the following questions consists of a statement followed by two arguments I and II. Give answer 
(1) if only argument I is strong; 
(2) If only argument II is strong; 
(3) If either I or II is strong; 
(4) If neither I nor II is strong and 
(5) If both I and II are strong.

1. Statement: Should higher education be completely stopped for some time?
Arguments: 
I.No. It will hamper the country’s future progress.
II.Yes. It will reduce the educated unemployment.

2.Statement: Should there be more than one High Court in each state in India?
Arguments: 
I.No.This will be a sheer wastage of taxpayers’ money.
II.Yes.This will help reduce the backlog of cases pending for a very long time.

3. Statement: Are nuclear families better than joint families?
Arguments: 
I.No.Joint families ensure security and also reduce the burden of work.
II.Yes.Nuclear families ensure greater freedom.

4. Statement: Should students take part in politics?
Arguments: 
I.Yes.It inculcates in them qualities of leadership.
II.No.They should study and build up their career.

5. Statement: Should there be concentration of foreign investment in only few states?
Arguments: 
I. No. It is against the policy of overall development of the country.
II. Yes. A large number of states lack infrastructure to attract foreign investment.

Directions (6-10): In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of two action numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and on the basis of the information given in the statement, decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
Give answer (1) if only I follow; 
Give answer (2) if only II follows; 
Give answer (3) if either I or II follows;
Give answer (4) if neither I nor II follows; and 
Give answer (5) if both I and II follow.

6. Statement: There has been a significant drop in the water level of all the lakes supplying water to the city.
Courses of action: 
I.The water supply authority should impose a partial cut in supply to tackle the situation. 
II.The government should appeal to all the residents through mass media for minimal use of water.

7. Statement: As many as ten coaches of a passenger train have derailed and blocked both pair of the railway tracks.
Courses of action: 
I. The railway authorities should immediately send men and equipment to the spot to clear the railway tracks. 
II. All the trains running in both directions should be diverted to other routes.

8. Statement: Most of the development plans develop in papers only.’
Courses of action: 
I.The In charge should be instructed to supervise the field-work regularly. 
II.The supply of paper to such departments should be cut short.

9. Statement: There is an unprecedented increase in migration of villagers to urban areas as repeated crop failure has put them into precarious financial situation.
Courses of action: 
I.The villagers should be provided with alternate source of income in their villages which will make them stay put.
II.The migrated villagers should be provided with jobs in the urban areas to help them survive.

10. Statement: India has been continuously experiencing military threats from its neighboring countries.
Courses of action: 
I.India should engage into an all out war to stop the nagging threats.

II.India should get the neighbors into serious dialogue to reduce the tension at its borders.


Click here to Get Answers:
Question 1:
Question 2:
Question 3:
Question 4:
Question 5:
Question 6:
Question 7:
Question 8:
Question 9:
Question 10:

0 comments:

Post a Comment